How about you 10 interesting info about t-shirts from Greatwood Boutique.
We know a lot about T-shirts, and what material all T-shirt brands use, we know their shape and when and how to wear them. I guess you want to learn fun things about t-shirts. Here are 10 interesting info about t-shirts we want you to know.
- Qatar holds the record for creating the largest t-shirt in the world. Qatar Petroleum Corporation paid a large sum of money to create a 3,516.25 square meter T-shirt that measures 72.2m long, 48.7m wide and weighs 6 tons.
- The most number of T-shirts worn at the same time was recorded in Sanath Bandara from Sri Lanka and entered the Guinness Book of World Records. This number is 257.
- We use the word T-shirt in our daily life. So where was it first used? 100 years ago, the word "t-shirt" first appeared in the Merriam-Webster dictionary.
- The first promotional t-shirt in the world was produced for the movie "The Wizard of Oz" in 1939.
- You won't believe it, but t-shirts weren't popular until 1950. It became popular in Hollywood when Marlon Brando and James Dean started wearing t-shirts in movies.
- The first wet t-shirt competition was held in Spain in 1940 and it is a fact that it is more fun for men.
- The world's most expensive t-shirt is produced from crocodile leather by Hermes, a French luxury clothing company. The T-shirt costs $91,500.
- The majority of t-shirts are made of cotton fabric. Cotton absorbs 20 times its own weight in water.
- T-shirts are made from recycled cotton. Recycling these t-shirts prevents over five billion tons of waste material from going to waste each year.
- The numbers show that we love the color very much. About 62% of Americans claim to have more than 10 in their closet. That means roughly 1.5 billion.